Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My final post?

I'm not sure if this will be my final post or not.  I would not like to go out on such a somber note, but I know I haven't had and will not have a lot of free time in the near future.  There is absolutely no way I could let the day pass without marking it in this sort of "journal" in my life.  I am not gifted with words.  I simply write what I'm thinking.  To my knowledge, I do have a gift with numbers.  In doing tribute to a wonderful woman that has had a significant impact in my life, I feel as though I can only express myself clearly using the numbers that mean so much to me.

My second mother - she was someone that took care of us kids when my parents were out of town.
8 weeks - the time that separated the birth of her daughter and my birth - I'd like to think that it is what helped bring my mom and her closer together.
18 years today marks the death of my grandmother, and her mother.
36 years, 4 months, 18 days was the amount of time we got to share this earth together.
2 1/2 hours is the amount of time it takes to travel from our house to hers.  It is the ever exciting, happy memory producing place, we call Hatfield.
2 daughters - my cousins and as close as I can get to saying I had sisters.
Many titles she held - Mom, Yaya, Auntie, Boss of the Beach, Luso, the list goes on and on.
1092 + 50 for double blank = the total number of points available in the beloved game of Dominoes
Two by Two by Two - Guts - she always had it and could bluff you out of your mind to take your $5.
2 years - her battle with cancer
12 hours - the time we have had to process that she is no longer on this earth with us.

Countless times I have heard her laugh in my mind
Countless times I will think of her when we visit our Happy Place

And the list could go on and on.  But this is the place where I will stop and remember her.  The good memories.  The laughing memories.  To my cousins and my uncle, you will forever be in my prayers and thoughts as you go through this difficult transition.  We love you all so very much.


No comments: