Thursday, May 24, 2012

A big event for Trevor

I've been slacking in the blog department.  I bet everyone has been on edge...huh?  I will try to catch up a little bit here.  So the day had finally come for Trevor for his first communion.  I've discovered that it is very difficult to explain this ceremony to someone who isn't Catholic, and I'm not familiar with other religions enough to know if there is anything similar.  I do know that if you have a girl making her first communion, boy can she get decked out.  Beautiful white dress, veil, gloves, and I have no doubt Gwen will eat it all up when it is her turn.  I bet she won't put as much value in the process and the fact that she can actually participate during communions to come.  I think she just wants to put on and dress up with her dress.  She loved looking through the catalogue I got in Trevor's folder of information. 

I digress....So Trevor has been waiting, and waiting, and asking when his turn was going to be.  Finally the preparation was done, and the day was here.  We had a great turn out, and Gwen was able to enjoy herself in the Nursery.  Technically she shouldn't be down there, having gone to Sunday school this year, but I'd rather not have to keep my eye on her. 

They had a nice ceremony, and Trevor of course couldn't stop talking about the wine.  They had already tried both the bread and wine in their last meeting of the session, so at least he knew what he was in for.  But he still could not keep his thoughts to himself about the wine.  Hopefully the whole congregation didn't hear. 

So we had brunch and gifts for Trevor from his wonderful family.  I know that the day was a right of passage for Trevor.  He can now go up for Communion with the rest of the family.  Next up, 2nd grade graduation!

No comments: