Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A string of good luck would be nice

Although I guess when I think about it, at least we haven't had a string of bad luck!  It seems to be up and down with the family lately.  Trevor's been having a good time having a little break for the weekends, starting up baseball, getting ready for his First Communion in less than two weeks, and really getting excited for his summer vacation.  Gwen has been slowly coming to a realization that she will be going to Kindergarten at Trevor's school next year, and that means saying goodbye to most of her friends at Preschool.  They are changing the way they are running their preschool again next year, so I am glad that we are not going to have to adjust to that next year.  I have signed the kids up for most of their summer camps, at least the ones that I can, and it doesn't seem to be too busy.  I think they have either 12 or 13 weeks off, and only have camps for 4 weeks for Gwen and 6 weeks for Trevor. 

We started our unofficial kick-off to the summer at the lake this weekend with the Kentucky Derby party.  I brought Gwen up on Friday afternoon because she was done with school and we wanted to make it up in time for dinner.  Trevor and Russ stayed back so they could do their baseball practice.  Of course it got rained out but they didn't know until they showed up at their field.  Trevor at least got to go on an early morning walk and play outside for a little while on Saturday before the storms came in and rained us out for the rest of the weekend.  All the little kids enjoyed their horse cheering sections.  We each got to draw two horses, so we had two to cheer for (except the winner...nice drawing Kelsey!).  We had our regular dominoes games at night, thankfully the kids slept ok...although Gwen was up early on Saturday, but I'm so bummed that the weather hasn't been as good as it could be.  No boat rides, no toes in the water, no Vitamin D overdose....so I've been very blah lately. 

I have been running around doing some year-end things for the school and haven't had much time to settle down yet.  I hear tomorrow is supposed to be nice?  Now I just have to find some things to do outside and hopefully keep Gwen interested.  At least I can hope...no rain tomorrow please!

No comments: