Monday, April 30, 2012

Carnival times!

Well being the treasurer sure does have its busy times.  One of the busiest is the school carnival.  It was last Friday.  I also help with tickets, that means ordering them and making sure all three ticket booths have enough tickets to last the night.  And then there is the money.  Both the tickets and the silent auction bring in cash. 

Unfortunately it is a very long night for me and one where I don't get a chance to hang out with the kids while they are enjoying the carnival.  This was the first year that I let Trevor go off with a friend and he didn't have to stay with an adult.  I know he was looking forward to hanging around with his friend for a long time.  Gwen was able to also hang around with another girl so she didn't feel left out. 

Russ has been traveling again, and Trevor has started his first communion prep.  I have to say, I am really impressed with all they get done in an hour and a half.  We have already done two weeks, and only have 3 more to go.  I also hear they may be bringing back Wednesday night religion classes to the church next year.  I don't know if that is going to change Kindergarten Sunday School or not.  But that will be interesting to see how it all works out. 

Gwen is getting down to her last few weeks of dance practices.  Trevor is supposed to start baseball tonight but it conflicts directly with church, so we have to do that instead.  This weekend we go to the cabin for Kentucky Derby and that really kicks off the summer season for us.  The weather this week is actually supposed to be warm.  Hopefully it will continue into the weekend so we can enjoy warm weather at the lake.  Not that we plan on swimming, but perhaps putting our toes in the lake?  Granted, if I let the kids do that, there is virtually no chance that they will get their entire body wet.  Especially if it is warmer outside. 

I counted, and there are only 6 weeks left of school for Trevor.  Less for Gwen.  The spring sure is coming to a close quickly, especially since we haven't actually seen snow for a few months now.  Bring on the heat!

No comments: