Saturday, July 24, 2010

Still a lot going on

Well, as I told my mom, my week off from school usually entails cleaning and organizing for another 10 weeks of classes coming up. I do usually get to a point where I can just do a little bit to keep it up, but there are always things that get pushed off because I don't have time to keep up with everything.

I took Gwen to where Trevor calls "the jump-jump place". It is an indoor climbing contraption and bouncy house. I figured she was at the age where she could get up the levels by herself. But I always struggled with if I should bring Trevor with because he seems to find the kids that can get him into trouble and play with them. So on a park day, I took Gwen. There were a few kids there, and then a busload of daycare kids came as well. I noticed a few new toys from the last time I had been up there. And I was right, she could get herself up very well. The only problem was there were a few steps that were still of a height that she could get herself onto it, but they were made out of lego material. So not the best to try to squeeze and pull against your skin. I'm surprised I wasn't more sore than I ended up being.

Trevor had two adventures this week. On Wednesday, his park group went to a Twins game. Then on Thursday the group biked to a nearby ice cream shop. He had been on longer bike rides with Russ when he would go running, but I think this was longer because they had to bike down and back. I'd have to measure it but I'm pretty sure it was a few miles away from the park. The best part was that he found someplace in Minnesota that has Blue Moon ice cream. It is his favorite. While they didn't have it that day, he got his next favorite which is Superman ice cream.

Thursday during the day, we were able to squeeze out a golf round with Kevin, Brian, my dad, and me. While the forecast was calling for rain most of the week, we avoided it. It was overcast the entire round, but it made the temperature cooler than if the sun would have been beating down on us. So for them, it was a great day for golf. For me, I'd rather have had it be a little more warm. But a chance to play golf with the family is always welcome. Thank you to Kyrsten for watching the kids!

Next week is VBS at our church. On to the next week!

No comments: