Saturday, July 10, 2010

And...it's almost been another two weeks.

Sorry again. I guess that the summer really does fly by. Trevor spent a week off of his park adventure "class" and it was much easier than I thought it would be. I know now that if he has a spare moment, he wants to be playing his DS or Wii, but I can bribe him into doing things that are healthier if I promise DS time in return. So he has been keeping up with his reading, doing cutting/crafts and playing his usual imaginative play stuff. His imaginative play is now centered around Buzz Lightyear and Toy Story type games. He has taken the story to heart and wants to make sure that his Toy Story toys don't feel under-played-with.

We spent the 4th up north at Russ's dad's family place. We saw a lot of relatives, the boys got to play golf, Gwen really picked up on her swimming, and the weather was great! It only rained on the morning of the 4th, but by the afternoon it had cleared out enough to be swimming. I didn't even try to work around Gwen's napping, so she fell asleep a few times in the car, and on the 4th she asked to be put in her bed in the bedroom we stayed at. They put on their own fireworks display, which is awesome, however neither kid enjoys the loud noises. Gwen wanted to be in the house, and then when Trevor joined us, both kids simply wanted to sleep. Rather than wake up early in the morning to head back, we decided to drive back that night to avoid traffic and let the kids sleep in the car as opposed to get unhappy being in the car during the day.

Slowly we have been getting back into a semi-routine. Trevor did have his golf on Friday morning. I have to say that I have had some quick success today with Gwen and potty training. I did start it right before we left for the 4th, but didn't even push her to try in a different location. Then coming home, I haven't really pushed it a hole lot. We had one other day where I knew she was ready and she went after she found out I wasn't going to stay with her forever. And then today, I was prepared to wait it out again, and I knew she had to go, and she went within two minutes of being in the bathroom. I was ready to call the day a success when not more than 2 hours later, she told me she had to go to the bathroom and went without me even having to wait a second. I am almost ready to call the home portion of potty training complete! Now the harder parts are coming. She is VERY independent and doesn't like my help with much. I think the only parts she lets me help with are the parts she knows I can do faster than she can. I will say she is one proud girl! Preschool here we come!

Hot weather....keep coming! I have so missed you!

No comments: