Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sorry it's been so long

There has been plenty going on. Summer is in full swing. Trevor is loving (as am I) the parks program. The "teachers" even gently reminded me that if I wanted to sign Trevor up for the Twins' game as one of the Wednesday field trips, that the deadline was fast approaching. The reason they suggested it was because he talks about the Twins a lot. Yeah, I guess he does. It is either that or Mario or even occasionally Zelda. I did have to ask Trevor if he would have preferred to go to the summer class or the parks class for that week, and yes because of the Twins game, he picked the summer class.

So with my class schedule, wanting to enjoy the outdoor weather, playing with the kids, keeping up with homework, and making sure we get all the things done before school starts again...ACK. Not much time for other things.

I have started the potty training process with Gwen. I'm kind of at a loss as to how hard to push it because we have a trip for the 4th, but I also don't want to go backwards. We have already had our first success and sticker on her sticker chart. But she isn't as predictable as I thought she would be. Maybe it is because we don't have as much of a predictable schedule as during the school year. Or perhaps because against my better judgement, I decided to try it even when she got smacked with a bad cold. In general she hasn't been a happy camper the past few days.

Baseball is down to one practice and one game left. Golf is only on week 3 of 7. I will always remember that in retail terms, after the 4th of July comes......get ready for it.....back to school! I'm not sure if Trevor remembers our first school shopping day last summer. I don't even know how much we are going to have to get "new" this year. I don't know that he needs a new backpack. There isn't a whole lot that is on his list. I had to get him a lunch "box" for this summer program since he eats there. But I have a feeling it is really going to sneak up on us.

I'm probably going to start asking for more information about preschool for Gwen. I know the director knows I am interested, but I do want to know what the situation is in terms of openings. I guess we'll just have to see how it all works out.

Oh, I guess I should make note of the fact that last weekend we saw Toy Story 3. MAN did I cry and cry and cry. I am such a nut for Disney Movies. I cried the first few times of Princess and the Frog as well. I guess it is because those really are the only movies I watch these days. If I Netflix something it is usually a TV show that I don't have a chance to see.

So as long as the weather doesn't get cold any time soon, we are doing well. After the first week of summer transition, Trevor has been doing much better. Hopefully we can keep this good streak going. That kid LOVES to be outside, so really things have fallen into place so nicely for us. Who would have thought way back when we bought this place that we would have ended up where we are today?

No comments: