Thursday, March 3, 2011

Two new things....

I forgot one major event that took place on Monday, completely by surprise. Also, one thing that just happened today that I also took me by surprise.

Starting on Monday, Trevor decided before dinner that he wanted to write a play, that we as a family would perform. He wrote the play on two pieces of paper. Trevor had parts as did Russ and I on one piece of paper that we had to hand off to each other. Gwen had another piece of paper that she had one line at the very end. So I give you Trevor's Play, as written by him, spelled by him and occasionally translated by me:

Trevor: Hello wecome! to a show of how humans meet ailians.
Dad: here I am at the moon Mom: see anything yet? Dad: yes I see a alian
Mom: waht! Trevor: We come in pace (peace)
Mom: how are thair alians?
Dad: Well I see um (them)
Trevor: come to are planit Dad: okay
Trevor: here we are
THE END

Gwen's paper:
Gwen affter show: Yay! Clap clap

The performance went without a hitch, thanks to everyone's cooperation and Trevor's enthusiasm during and after the performance.

And then what Gwen did today: We were playing with the Strawberry Shortcake Playdoh kit after school and in it is a mold of Strawberry Shortcake and 6 stamps that cut out the fruit that each of Strawberry and her friends represent. Like on the back of blueberry muffin is a blueberry stamp. She was asking me to use the stamps with different colors. What got to me was that she was asking me to do plum with a pink color, but she was giving me the stamp for lemon. Or at least that is what I thought. It was the yellow colored stamp. I looked on the back of the yellow stamp and it still looked sort of like a lemon. When she was calling the blue one the lemon, I really looked. Sure enough, she knew her characters. Hasbro or whomever made the cutouts and mistakenly put the wrong colors to the wrong people and fruit. Only one out of six was correct - Orange Blossom. All 5 others were mixed up. On the box they were correct, but something got mixed up along the way. I could not believe she didn't even pay any attention to the color of the stamp. She looked at the faces of the people and she went off of that. If I can find the time, I'll be writing to the toy company to see what they say. Maybe it'll be an ebay gold mine :-)

No comments: