Friday, June 24, 2011

Wow...what a week for Trevor

Granted, the week isn't over, and I'm veering off of my course of trying to recount the past few weeks and fast forwarding to this week. I will try to get back to things soon. I'm feeling like I'm finally getting close to getting caught up. If anyone follows my train of thought.

Anyway, this should have been an AWESOME week for Trevor. It was his first week back at the parks for the summer. Capped off tonight with a sleepover. Thankfully the sleepover is still on, but a lot has happened this last week: I think it may have something to do with a development or growth spurt. As I have learned, things can become a bit disorganized with Trevor during these times. In the past school year, he had two weeks (non-consecutive) where he seemed to be completely out of sorts. It was the only time of the year where he even seemed to approach bad behavior.

So this week thankfully didn't have any bad behavior associated with it, simply lots of injuries. Now that I think about it, I wonder which is worse. At least bad behavior can be dealt with immediately, whereas injuries take time to heal.

On Monday night we found some scrapes that looked more like burns (not that I think they are burns, but they look more like a rubbing scrape, ya know?) on his back. He had been complaining that he felt like his back was sunburned but I explained it wasn't possible unless he took his shirt off at the park, which he said he didn't do.

On Tuesday, Trevor asked to wear his crocs to the park, and while I explained that it was his choice it may not be easy to move around in them. Well, Tuesday night he said he wasn't going to be wearing his crocs anymore because the inside button scraped his foot. Eh, not that big of a deal.

On Wednesday, he had his field trip to the roller skating rink. I'm not sure if he doesn't know his shoe size or if the skates weren't tight enough on him but he came home with big scrapes where the sides of the skates rubbed against his legs.

So on Thursday, we were at Grandma's house, and Trevor came over after the parks to jump on the trampoline. Not more than 10 minutes later, he had landed on his foot wrong and rolled his ankle. Thankfully, I happened to see exactly what happened, and it sure looked like it hurt, but I don't think it is broken. We have since iced, adviled, and elevated the ankle as much as possible. When I went to take off his sock after he twisted it, I noticed that the had an infected toe, probably from a blister. Poor kid! The infection has been soaked and bandaged as well as aired out for most of the day today. So hopefully he is on the mend now. He was not able to go to golf today and he was not happy. He has been able to hobble on it which is more than he was willing to do yesterday, although we might have scared him to even try to walk on it. Another lucky thing is that we did have Dr. Kyrsten take a look at all his ailments and while he didn't let her touch much of his foot, she can take another look at it tomorrow and make sure he shouldn't be taken in.

Ah the joys of having such an active kid. Hopefully next week will be better. And hopefully his growth spurt/development spurt is done soon.

No comments: