Friday, March 16, 2012

We are back...

So much to do...to get caught up on.  Thankfully, we now have a little break before we start having to think about baseball schedules being thrown into our mix.  I have warned the kids that I am going to go on a "spring cleaning" turn this weekend and they are welcome to help me to earn money for a few of the toys they want (Trevor wants Sonic vs. Mario Summer Olympic Games and Gwen wants Lego Friends).  I don't know that either kid cares THAT much about their toys but I guess we will see. 

I guess I should make sure to mention that on our last morning of Disney, Trevor and I headed out for his last three rides of the trip.  He mentioned he wanted to go on the Speedway and Buzz Lightyear ride again in Magic Kingdom.  I had gotten an extra day free on our two passes, so we were there a few minutes after the park opened, went on those two rides plus the Astro Orbiter since he didn't get to go on that one and then headed back.  It was a beautiful day to leave, and except for a few small hiccups we made it home, actually earlier than scheduled. 

Gwen decided that she wanted to go to her dance class that evening at 6:30 even though we strolled into the house at 5:00 and had absolutely no food to eat in the house.  So I scrounged around and decided to make some crescent rolls, apples and cheese and crackers for her dinner.  I couldn't tolerate leaving the house again, especially for some kind of prepared food since that is what we had been eating all week.  Gwen was in a surprisingly good mood and listening to me well enough to be able to go to dance and did very well!  I was glad she was able to dance herself out of any cooped up feelings she had during our travels that day.

Trevor got to go back to school on Tuesday and Gwen and I really just hung around that day.  I was doing laundry non-stop as Russ had to leave to go back to Florida for a golf event that evening.  I also had a PTA meeting that same evening so the poor kids had to make do with sandwiches for dinner until I went to the grocery store on Wednesday.  Here we are now on Friday and I finally feel like things are slowly coming together.  All caught up on laundry, immediate meetings and such are taken care of, I am assembling our photopass pictures....250+ from photopass directly, I'd say we did good!  Then there are over 350 pictures between Vicky and my camera!  My plan is to edit a bunch, make a photo book out of a good chunk and print off a select few for Gwen's autograph book.  I don't know if I can get to the point of ordering the CD this weekend, but it should be shortly.

Both kids have had a little trouble at school getting back into the swing of things, but I will say that the weather that I decided to bring back from Florida has been AWESOME!  It looks like there will be a string of 80 degree days here and who would have ever guessed that we would see 80 degrees when it is still technically WINTER??!?!?  I really would like to break out the sprinkler tomorrow and get a few pictures of the kids in it just so I can say that we did this in the winter.  It is absolutely crazy! 

So we have two weeks of school left before the real spring break and hopefully we will have enough to do until then.  Trevor should be all caught up on his school work...I think...but still is having a lot to do just in terms of regular homework.

For now, we are back to our "normal".  It was sort of funny as Gwen keeps talking about the next time she will get her princess makeover.  I have already said it will be at least 3 years, probably another 4 before we go back.  Trevor wants to make sure we don't pull another one over on him so he started giving me the look and the questions about when are we REALLY going to go back.  Guess we won't ever get to pull another trick like this one again. 

No comments: