Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Trophies and medals, medals and trophies

It was the week of trophies and medals here at our household.  This will be one of the few posts that I use photos in.  I wish I was more visually gifted, but I just have no idea how that all looks good.  I depend on others to design anything that requires designing.  Give me numbers and I can organize them all. 

So here we go...the post of the pictures of trophies and medals...Kind of interesting since it is going on at a world setting that other medals are being given as well:  ;-)

Gwen took off her medal before I could take the picture, but she was happy to show me her trophy that she got.


Trevor decided not to show off his trophy but I did get a nice picture of his medal.  Trevor's trophy was for him being in his second year of 5 hole league.  Next year, if he chooses, he will be in 9 hole league.  I was able to watch him play his 5 holes and he did very well.  He scored a 38.  I know he still enjoys to get out and play with either Russ or me or our family.  It is so nice to be able to share a common love for a sport we can all play. 


 The club took this picture of Gwen and posted it on their website as they do for any member hole in ones, but I didn't know to look for it.  Russ was counting her score as I had Trevor for the morning.  She told me she got a hole in one, but you can tell she is also pretty pleased someone wanted to pose her picture for the shot. 
So that was pretty much Friday last week.  Trevor had a week long swimming camp which he enjoyed for 3 of his 4 days, but for some reason on the last day he said he didn't want to do it.  We've been having to deal with a lot of wanting not to fulfill a lot of commitments.  Unless it is baseball.  Trevor started his season ending tournament last Thursday.  If he won, his team would have had the week off until last weekend, but they lost, so they had to play Tuesday and won, to get to Thursday, and won to play on the weekend. They won on Saturday, so played for the 3rd place on Sunday.  Unfortunately, no one could get any hits during the game so they had to settle for 4th place.  4th place earned Trevor his 11th trophy.   


 So it was a weekend of medals and trophies for our family.  Now starts the countdown to back to school.....

No comments: