Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Finally seems like we have a few minutes

Although every week Trevor could go to the parks, and next week is the last week of the session, I've decided to have him around because he has an afternoon hockey practice all week.  Things are finally coming together...and yes it took all summer to get this organized.  We are scheduled to go back to school shopping tomorrow, and if all goes well we will see the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie at an early (cheap) showing. 

Today I took Gwen in to get her shots updated so that she could enter Kindergarten in September.  I told her late last week that today would be the day, and while she seemed to be a bit fixated on it and mentioned it at least once a day, she did pretty good.  I remember when Trevor had to get them, I had to physically hold him down and one other nurse had to come in to also hold him down because of the fight he put up.  Gwen reminded me a lot of myself.  She braced herself, and looked away.  She cried, and was out of sorts, but she recovered well.  She doesn't like to remember it and gets sad if she even thinks that she will ever have to do it again.  Even though we have told her it is another 7-8 years off. 

I also registered her for her dance class next year.  I've started Trevor thinking about all his activities for next year....chess, swimming, piano, and yes he already wants to know more about baseball.  He was willing to forgo summer camps next year until I explained that it doesn't take any more time during the day, they are all evening and weekend games or practices.  I think he was a bit surprised by that. 

New for this school year, our church is offering Wednesday evening religion classes.  It is pretty neat that most activities don't meet on Wednesdays because of the assumption that so many churches do hold religion classes for kids.  Our elementary school also doesn't want parent meetings during that time either for that reason. 

So starting to switch gears while still having enough days in the summer to plan to get a few more things checked off the list of summer activities is what we have in store.  27 more days!  I think we'll be ready when it comes.  And very excited!

No comments: