Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

Yep, it was that old starting phrase....5 years ago today....I remember where I was.  Strangely not a lot had been going on at this time in the morning.  I had a fast labor.  First contraction at about 11am, born at 3:33pm.  But I remember feeling I was sick and tired of being sick and tired of being pregnant with you.  I had a doctor appointment to see how the pregnancy was going and being a week past my due date I had just about had it.  As with your life, you are your own person with your own ideas of how things should go. 

It has been a great 5 years, and so different than your brother when he was the same age.  Different interests, different friendships, different communication.  This year we started you in Kindergarten, a year earlier than is the norm.  But you were ready.  If you had your way, you'd be in first grade this year.  You love school and all things about it, which is why you would prefer to be staying as long as you can.  You love dance class and all things music.  I think in January we will start you on your own piano lessons.  I know you are ready for that as well, but we need to get through our busy season first.  You love all things girl/woman/princess.  You love getting your nails done (as long as they don't use the clippers!!!), you love having your hair done.  You want to wear as high heeled shoes as possible and have asked me to keep the ones that I wear for you when you are older.  You want to wear make-up and thankfully are ok with chapstick on your lips as a substitute.  You enjoy telling people about all your boyfriends and talk about who you want to marry.  You are accepting of being carted off with me on our many adventures.  Granted, they don't end up being especially exciting adventures, but are accepting of bringing a book and some dolls and making do.  You love to help, whether it is baking, cleaning, or running errands.  If you think there is some way you can help you are all for it.  Yesterday was spent raking leaves and while you liked to jump in them, you were very eager to help put them into bags when it was time.  At age 4, when asked what your favorite subject was, you knew it was reading.  You do have a love for reading already.  You don't get frustrated easily so reading has a lot of joy for you.  You are willing to spell out words so you can keep reading to yourself.  We still have our nighttime reading sessions where I read to you, but other times you are more than willing to read to me or to yourself. 

I feel as though you have grown up so much in these first 5 years.  I cannot wait to see what this next year brings as well as the future years.  You have taught me so much because although you may look a little like me, I have learned how to embrace my inner "princess".  Thank you for being my teacher darling girl!  Have a wonderful birthday with all the fun activities we have planned! 

No comments: