Sunday, September 30, 2012

Getting geared up....

Not as though I had any time to gear up for anything....it was a weekend where I had two nights of something going on.  It was then followed by a Sunday of family time at the last home Twins game of the season.  Unfortunately, that left little time for anything else.  And we have a birthday in 3 days.  I have not yet even planned her friend party.  Thank goodness she hasn't even asked about it, because as I said previously, I think she would just prefer to have a bunch of her friends over for a playdate at her house.  We will see how it all works out after this week. 

Friday night, I hosted our 3rd annual wine party hosted by Vicky and Richwood Winery.  Wow....do I have a wonderful group of mom friends.  And a wonderful excuse to get us all together for a very fun time!  It was great to see everyone again!

Saturday night, I invited myself to the Upper Midwest Regional Emmy awards.  Brian was nominated so I asked if I could come along as his "plus one".  Guys were in suits and ties, girls were in dresses.  They had it all ironed out so that the actual handing out of awards were done in groups of 5-6 at a time.  Not everyone was allowed their 15 second acceptance speech, so really it didn't take very long at all.  Unfortunately, their group didn't win as they were a city cable High School football broadcast up against FSN Twins, FSN Wild, and FSN Timberwolves.  Maybe one of these years they can pull out a win!  It was a fun time to be downtown all fancied up.  Funny thing, I ran into one of our golf pros at the course we play at up on the rooftop of Crave that night. 

Then Sunday, it was Kid appreciation day at the Twins game and we called and found out that their autograph session was not worth being there early for and headed out to the game.  Russ won the tickets for a contest he entered at his work and he picked that day's game.  Unfortunately he had to fly out to San Francisco that evening so he couldn't stay until the end of the game.  Because it was a Sunday, they invite the kids to run the bases after the game, which the kids both wanted in on.  Sadly, the Twins lost but being able to be on the field was pretty cool, I thought.  Trevor jumped up on the wall in center field so I got a picture of that in mid-jump.  Running the bases was more of an experience than getting a picture was.  There weren't very many good places to take a picture but I got what I could. 

This week its back-to-school with the little one's birthday on Wednesday.  She can bring treats for her class, we will have a special birthday dinner, dessert, and opening of presents before her family party next Sunday.  She is very excited, and actually after the kids conferences on Thursday, we plan on telling them about our spontaneous (at least from my perspective) trip to Disneyland in the middle of October for MEA break.  Then I'll have to get those last minute details finalized. 

So on the list of things to do, I can check off:  first day of school, first PTA meeting, and fall fundraiser.  Unfortunately (only kind-of) I have to add many more things to the list including:  Disney plans which include lots of reservations and tickets needed to make the trip a success and finalizing costumes for both kids.  Because we are going during the time we are, we are also going to attend Mickey's Halloween Party.  It will be a trip to remember because we don't plan on doing it again!  It just worked out so nicely with Russ traveling to San Diego and the kids being out of school for 3 days before a weekend.  I love planning for Disney, I just hope I don't mess it up too bad!

No comments: