Friday, December 14, 2012

One of those days

There actually haven't seemed to be that many unlucky days in my life.  So maybe I was due for one.  Regardless, last Monday was it.  It started on Sunday afternoon when I went to try out a refurbished snow blower that was given to us since our one that we had been using was also broken.  I wanted to make sure I knew how to use it since Russ would be traveling that week.  Well, after 4 runs of the driveway, I broke it.  Russ tried to fix it, but when he did, the auger didn't move.  Boy did I feel bad that I had already rendered it useless in the middle of a big snowstorm.  Thankfully, Russ finished the job with a shovel.

Then, in the morning, when I was getting ready to take the kids to school, the van was starting funny.  I thought it was due to the temperature, and just that it needed to warm up.  I was able to get Trevor off to school before Gwen and I were off to run our errands.  We stopped at a local bank, then went across the street to do our grocery shopping.  After the groceries were back in the car, the car decided to not start for me.  *Sigh*  Getting the car looked at was on the list of things to do this week, because it was also in need of an oil change.  But of course it had to happen right after a snow storm.  So when I called roadside assistance, they were backed up.  I started off asking for a jump because they said it would be quicker.  But when they quoted two hours and said I had to be with the car when they came, I cancelled the service.  I had them tow it, instead.  That was another 4 hours but at least I didn't have to be with the car.  I had them tow it to the service dealership so it could be serviced for other things as well.

Then we went in the grocery store to see if we could get a cab to take us home.  Nope.  The cab companies the grocery store suggested were booked and not taking any calls, or disconnected.  Then I made the call list through my phone book and found a willing friend to pick us up and drive us home.  Since we had another car, I got reorganized and took Gwen back to the car so we could pick up our groceries.  Got those, got on with the day, and when the dealership called, I was told that it was the battery that needed changing and that once that was fixed, it was fine.  I asked to get the key automatic door openers looked at, and an oil change.  

When I went to pick Trevor up from school after chess club, I made the mistake of putting the mail on top of the car and forgot to take it off.  It blew all over the road and I didn't recover all of it.  So I decided that that was my three things that were going to happen to me that day.  Unfortunately, on Tuesday when I went to get the car, they didn't understand about the key and said I would need to leave it there longer, (to which I said no thanks), the car still isn't starting like it should, and two of the tires are low on air, which should have been taken care of with the oil change.  *sigh* So that means another discussion with the service station.  Hopefully someone will listen to a dissatisfied customer.  And hopefully the car continues to actually start until next week.  Russ is home until the new year, so we need both cars during some scheduling conflicts.

On to Christmas!  I want some more fun times please!

No comments: