Sunday, February 7, 2010

The strangest thing

I feel like I'm getting a lot done. Cleaning, bills, taxes, school, plus random errands or other things that are going on. Yet here I am, a week into wanting to blog about a bunch of things and I cannot find the time to do it. And now that I'm doing it, I know I'm going to leave out a bunch of stuff that I meant to say.

We've had a pretty major events week this week for our family. Trevor lost his second tooth. He was chewing on a string from the kids camera we have and he got it caught around the tooth, and pulled it out. It was much less traumatic than the first tooth, so hopefully it'll keep on getting easier from here.

Trevor got his first report card on Wednesday. To me, it wasn't a surprise. But what was hard to discern was if he had improved upon the areas we were trying to work on since conference time. So I talked to his teacher again, and we even are going to focus more on a few areas and use some sticker charts to see if that helps Trevor gain some confidence that he is doing a good job.

On Friday, Trevor got his first bee award. The class focuses on three "Bee's": Bee Responsible, Bee Respectful, and Bee Safe. He has been trying to earn an award since the beginning of school, and was SO excited to finally get one.

Friday night, Russ and I, Kevin and Kelsey went to watch the group Hairball perform at a nearby hotel. It was nice that it was so close to our house, and got to see the cool stuff that Brian gets to do.

Saturday, our church has an annual Cana Dinner around this time every year. I decided to sign us up for it. Thankfully, we were not the youngest couple there, and I knew three other couples there. They had dancing, a nice dinner, renewal of vows, door prizes, a fun survey game, and plenty of alcohol (hey, we're Catholic, what can I say?). Next year I'm going to try to convince some of my mom friends to come along with.

This week, it was made public that Russ is going to be changing jobs. He will be working for a company that he has previously worked for, however he will be traveling for most of his job. We are both very positive about this change and thankful that we are in the situation that we are in, because without the support of our family and friends, our family wouldn't be what it is today.

That is as much as I can remember for now. Hopefully I can get more down soon.

No comments: