Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Crib be gone!

Last night was the big transition from crib to bed and boxspring on the floor. Unfortunately, I had ordered a new sheet set (princess of course) and it has gotten lost in shipment. I hate feeling like I keep putting things off after the I talk to it with the kids, and that was what I had been doing. Gwen kept asking to sleep in the big bed, and I kept saying we were waiting for the princess sheets. I thought for sure they would arrive by Monday so that is what I told her on Sunday. I know she has no concept of time in terms of "tomorrow" but I figured as long as Trevor was willing to share his Lightning McQueen bed sheets, we'd be fine.

He was, and did. So last night we rearranged her bed, took down the crib, put her light on the opposite wall, and everything was set. She had missed her nap that day, but as is the usual case with kids (at least mine, anyway) she was still able to read herself some books after I said good-night and talk about sleeping in the lightning Mcqueen bed. She was up earlier than normal, but as I suspected she hasn't tried to get out of bed. The rails on the sides of the bed must make her think she is still in a crib, yet she gets herself in and out of the bed no problem.

So that is done. I can still hope that potty training will be this easy, right? I did buy another chair and seat. The seat is princess, so she is already putting that one on the floor to sit on it and "go potty". And then when she is done playing with it that way, she thinks it is a backpack to wear on her back.

Yesterday was the big MN rebate program for energy saving appliances. Their sign-up was to start at 8am either via the website or a 1-866 number. The system was down until at least after noon. I think it was more like 1 o'clock. I finally got in through the website after 1:30. The funds were already 1/3 gone. I then went to Sears and got a new washer to be delivered on Saturday.

It is becoming a very productive week! Oh, and for the record: LET'S GO MARCH!!! COME ON SUMMER! LAST MONTH OF WINTER! And we are going to be gone for part of it as well.

No comments: