Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How could I forget

So as most of you know, there was a gold medal hockey game on Sunday. But did any of you know that there was a Nascar race at the same time? Trevor saw that and didn't want to leave the channel. He got out his usual toy Nascars and was racing them around similar to the TV. I could hear Russ downstairs as he was watching hockey, and occasionally he would let out a scream if something happened. At one point, Russ came upstairs to try to convince Trevor to watch the hockey game. Saying that it was a lot like the movie Miracle, which Trevor has seen and enjoys.

So Russ changes the channel to the hockey game upstairs and Trevor does not appreciate it. I believe his words were similar to: "NO, Dad! I DO NOT want to watch hockey. I WANT to watch Nascar." Oh boy. I don't recall if I mentioned when the first week of Nascar started, Trevor asked when we could go and watch a race. I wonder if he really will continue to enjoy Nascar that long. I wonder how out of place I will feel if I go with him. Oh well...it is a long time from now anyway. No sense in worrying about it.

On a different note, both kids have come down with small colds. I'm happy they are now, not a week from now. By our trip, they should be gone. Poor Gwen is not wanting to nap, as she is so excited to be in her new bed (we got the princess sheets yesterday). In our ECFE class last week, our teacher was recommending that we not give up on naps until at least age 4. That there are a lot of ups and downs. It gives me hope that she will be a napper longer than age 2.

Back to the weekly grind for us!

No comments: