Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ya-HOO

What wonderful weather we have had this past week. I mean really! The only complaint I have is how dry the air is. I'm used to Minnesota warm weather being humid. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to put away the lotion for anyone. I HAVE been able to keep the windows open all day, and the heat off! Our house does heat up really quick in the warm sun and I close the windows because 50 degrees is too cold for the nighttime for me. And since Russ hasn't been home this week, I seriously have been loving the upper 70 degree temperature the house gets for a few hours during the day. It's May for goodness sake, why the heck would I want to turn on the air now?

Yesterday after lunch, I was going to start pulling weeds that may turn into prickly plants in our yard for this weekend. It is supposed to be mid-80s which is warm enough to break out the sprinkler. I told Trevor why I wanted to do it, and he really wanted me to break out the sprinkler anyway. It did get to the upper 70's and I figured a few minutes in the sprinkler wouldn't hurt anyone. I even filled up the really small, inflatable pool for Gwen to play in. Well, filled up really only consisted of 3 buckets full of warm water. It was SO nice to be at this point in the season. If this is a joke, played on us by mother nature, I am not going to be a happy camper. I know there were not that many days that we could break out the sprinkler because of my 80 degree temperature to bring out the sprinkler.

Today, I decided to bring Gwen along and we would search garage sales. While I have my garage sale stuff down, where I tag and save things to sell at a garage sale, I'm not actually very good at garage sale shopping. Maybe my problem is I don't like shopping in general, so when I do I try to make it as short and sweet as possible. But when garage sales are involved, there really isn't a good way to plan out anything. You never know what you are going to get until you get there. My mission this season is to find white furniture for Gwen's room, a 20" not weathered bike for Trevor, a hard-sided pool for the kids, a push-trike for Gwen, and other misc. clothes or toys that are good deals for either kid. Gwen of course wants anything she can play with, but actually I was surprised that she didn't scream or get upset when we didn't take the toys she wanted. We did find a dancing Cinderella toy that she really loves to play with and a frilly wand for a total of $2.50. And then, I did score when I happened upon a garage sale that was selling a really nice white storage compartment. It probably should be used for toys in a toy room, but it could take maybe some clothes, or at least the books that are all over her room. $10 price. Yippee! I'll still look out for more, but I'm glad I found something I was looking for.

Two baseball games this week for Trevor. He has been quick to hit his pitched balls and they sail out there. I think it is hard for any kid to play in the field at this level since so many of the kids have a hard time hitting the ball. I was able to golf on Tuesday, and the weather was wonderful. Russ is coming back for the next three weeks, which is always a welcome treat! So again, I say YA-HOO!!!

No comments: