Saturday, April 23, 2011

Proud parent moments

Well, I guess if this week had a theme, it would be that both kids have really stepped it up and in school really given their parents something to be proud of. On Thursday, Gwen had her end of year conferences, and we got a very good report. She is smart and even pretty well balanced emotionally. She needs a few reminders during some activities, but I have to remember that she is a full year younger than Trevor was when he was in the same level of preschool. I know she really gets how to play with others well, as a result of playing with Trevor. She may not be the angelic child when she gets frustrated with him, but it only happens with him, never with any of her classmates or playmates.

The way that they are playing is taking a turn for the better in that I'm happy that they have stopped being so physical. It isn't completely gone, but it is far less often than it used to be. Now, it has turned to the whining and complaining directly to me. I am sticking to my guns and explaining that the kids have to work it out between themselves, but it can grate on the nerves, especially this week.

Trevor has decided to take part in the no screen time for a week this week. He has gone every day so far, and I think with as busy as we are, the rest of the weekend will be fine. It has led to more time with each other, hence the headaches this week but if it helps for future events, I'll deal with it. Trevor's substitute teacher has not yet even given him one of his reminder sheets. I think we are already down to 7 weeks of school left. Hopefully we can continue his streak. He took a standardized test before spring break that we got the results of this week, and he did very well. I think I may get more details than the information that was given to us, but it looks like he may be going to be in a gifted and talented class next year.

Silly me and my sickness but I didn't get the Easter decorations out until yesterday. I guess it was a little of a good thing though because their Easter baskets came out, with the plastic eggs and that has been the newest game. One gets to be the Easter bunny and hide all the plastic eggs and the other then gets to find them. It has been proving to be a good few hours of fun.

No comments: