Sunday, April 17, 2011

Welcome back

Well, I'm pretty much back in the land of the living. For some reason when I wake up in the morning, I have a big sinus headache that doesn't go away until close to noon. From that point on, I'm back to as normal as can be. But yeah, I don't really recommend forgoing your annual flu shot that you had gotten the previous 6 years without incident. Even if it takes just a few minutes out of your day. And then on top of that, I don't recommend getting a sinus infection directly after the flu. Granted, I couldn't control the sinus infection, however I don't believe I would have gotten it if I hadn't gotten the flu in the first place. Silly me. It was so strange. I felt like I was in a fog for the last week and a half. I didn't feel well on Monday, fever came on Tuesday, and then the following Wednesday was when I finally got antibiotics. Yesterday was the first day I felt close to better after my morning headache. I trudged through it as much as I could though. I stayed out of the public while I had the flu but still had to make sure the kids got to their school and activities. I even went to the PTA meeting where I was elected treasurer for the next two years. I'm sure I didn't look the best, but I knew I wasn't contagious and it was important that I was there. As for things going on with the kids, I know there are probably things I'm going to completely blank out on but here is what I know: Trevor's teacher had her baby, and they are now having the substitute for the rest of the year. According to the instructor at his school we should be getting a letter regarding options for Trevor's next year of class. Russ has also decided he is going to be the head coach of Trevor's baseball team this year. Although his travel schedule is unknown, the other coach was also in the same boat so hopefully they can work something out to cover each other. Their first practice is May 2nd, but Russ already got the equipment and their jerseys. If the weather was nicer I'm sure they'd be at the fields outside right now, but as it is, we need to wait for warmer weather. And then there is Gwen. We were able to get her dance recital outfit and boy is it cute. I was a bit concerned about how I was going to do her hair, but on the day of their pictures, they had to cancel because a bunch of her classmates didn't get their costumes in time. She also seems to be going through a big growth spurt that seems to be causing her issues. She has been eating like she hasn't eaten anything in weeks, but for her, that's not all THAT much. She has been complaining of leg cramps, and when she went outside for a walk with my mom, she couldn't walk around without tripping over her own feet. As a result she got a big scrape on her upper lip. So now we are dealing with a major attitude. Russ was trying to teach her that the words and tone she was using was causing her to be sassy. Now that's all she says, "Mom, you need to stop being sassy." She is pretty tired but doesn't get a whole lot of sleep. It just goes along with the territory. No sleep, lots of eating, out of sorts with her attitude. Not the most fun time to be a parent, but I know its only temporary. Thankfully we ordered her flowergirl dress in one size bigger than what she fit in last month. I'm thinking that was a good decision. Its hard to believe that next week is already Easter, and then the week after that is already May. Ahem...if I wasn't clear earlier, it would be nice to have the warmer weather here to stay please?

No comments: