Sunday, May 15, 2011

A change is coming

Of course...the weather can't remain nice for more than one day. The one day it was nice and hot, our air conditioner was not working. Unfortunately, it is bad news for the house, because the house cannot cool down by itself once it is heated up. I believe it got up to 84 degrees, although to me it was nice. Russ was gone on business so he didn't have to deal with it.

This weekend was one of the few where we didn't have any plans. Saturday wasn't really fun as it was cold and rainy all day. But today was very nice. I knew that compared to last year I gained a lot of confidence that the kids could behave themselves while I took care of things outside. I was able to clean the gutters and plant some flowers with the kids entertaining themselves, for the most part. It does make me a little sad to think that there won't even be that many opportunities to do that this year, with how busy our calendar has become. But it does make me think that if I do need to take care of some work outside, it won't be horrible to try to have to keep an eye on Gwen constantly. I am slowly gaining my freedom back!

My other big change is my love of cleaning. Dyson + Norwex is a very good combination. Except for the organization part of cleaning, our 3 season porch is becoming presentable again! And, with Gwen being able to eat at a normal chair, we all have our seats at the table. If I could sing Norwex's praises more I would, but I feel like through all my facebook posting I become sounding like a broken record! I am amazed at how wicked clean our windows look, and I do have a new fear of how many birds are going to die this year by flying into the windows.

The only downside that I am experiencing right now is that I haven't been able to get out golfing yet this year with my usual 9 hole league. It doesn't look like it is going to happen this Tuesday, but possibly next week. I knew that my PTA meetings were going to conflict with them, but there have been and will be 3 other conflicts this year. Oh well. If we can get good weather for it in the future, I guess I can wait.

So for all you people looking to get more green with your cleaning, or anyone looking to simplify your cleaning by only using WATER in addition to your norwex cloths, I am a big supporter of the stuff. I LOVE my Norwex!

No comments: