Saturday, February 18, 2012

14 Days and counting!

So we are at 14 days to go to our big trip.  Plans are being made and finalized.  I'm learning a lot of new things as a result of it being 3 years later than our last trip.  We can check in online in 5 days.  I'm not sure what that exactly entails, but I'm good with that.  I'm also continuing to double-guess my dining reservations.  I'm booking new ones and looking for better times with my existing ones.  I've got our food ordered, but I'm continuing to add to it.  I need to get a good inventory of clothes before we head out and I need to keep that on the DL.

You would think with everything going on and all the details it would drive a person crazy...not me!  I love all the plans, and it gets me very excited to know that in a few weeks we'll let the kids in on the secret and get to enjoy their happiness and wonderful experiences coming!

I won't say these past few days are without stress.  So the kids have continued to pass around colds...current situation is harder than previous weeks.  Gwen really got knocked out and while I didn't let her go to school on Friday, she seemed in good spirits.  A bad cough, but otherwise ok.  Then last night, she was up multiple times and the last time she complained of ear pain.  So we ran to the doctor, found out she had a double ear infection and then she finally could take a nap without being in extreme pain.  I'm glad we don't have school on Monday so we can have an extra day of recovery.  Get all this sickness out NOW so everyone is healthy for the trip.  If we are on our usual routine, this year should be a good year for trips.  It has been an every-other-year sort of thing for us.  Usually only hitting Trevor.

So while I can't have any control over the sickness, I am hoping to avoid it at all costs.  In the mean time, I probably should keep my mind on making sure all my responsibilities are taken care of before I leave on the trip.  I can't wait to be able to keep track of our festivities while on the trip!

No comments: