Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Getting ready

So we are just a few short days away from our trip and it is amazing how the kids don't suspect a thing.  I have had to let just about every adult in their lives know about it, and none of them have let it slip either.  I have been gathering information, even though I would call myself a pretty seasoned veteran.  Not quite a fanatic but I do know my stuff.  We have our grocery order placed, although I'm continuing to add to it while I can think of more stuff.  We have our online check-in completed, although because we are coming in so late, I doubt there will be much of a line.  We have our park tickets bought, we have our eating reservations placed.  We have our Bibbidi bobbiti boutique reservations made...and yes I did book a "knight package" for Trevor as I thought he would be interested in anything that made Gwen the center of attention.  At his school carnival one of the most fun stations for him was the colored hair spray he got which is just what they do for them at the BBB.  Gwen will be getting as much of a make-over as possible and I know she will be just thrilled.  I got her a fancy Aurora gown, sparkly shoes and they will take care of the rest.  We have dining reservations at Cinderella's castle that evening for dinner. 

We have a day off from the parks to hang out by the pool or go to downtown disney.  I've been watching the weather and it looks like the time we are there is going to be remarkably average.  Upper 70s for the high, maybe low 80s but no big rain showers except for the day we get there....but it is late so it isn't a concern. 

I bought the kids pin trading lanyards and got a bunch of pins off of ebay.  I think the social aspect of the trading is what will be fun for them.  We'll see.  If they aren't into it, I'm not crushed because I didn't spend a ton of money on them.  The crowds are due to be minimal the week we are there until the next weekend.  Then they get hairy, but I'm glad we get full days at our three favorite parks with low crowds.  That way it won't be stressful to be back for a second day and feel like we have so much we didn't get to do the first time. 

I heard about an app for wait times on various disney rides.  I got that for my phone, but THEN a new app just came out which includes interactive maps for each of the parks and when you are actually inside the gates of each of the parks, it unlocks wait times for things not just including the rides.  Already got that one downloaded too! 

We are actually heading off this evening to go to Disney on Ice.  It is heavily princess focused, and I thought Trevor might not want to go to see it, but he was not wanting to do anything else if Gwen and I were going. 

Oh, and for those of you wondering, we are doing a treasure hunt with 3 clues for each kid.  I'm not sure of exactly how it will all end up but the ending will be that we have the bags packed under a tarp in our porch.  They will uncover the tarp and their gear and gifts, and possibly a letter of some kind will be there saying we are leaving that evening!  I'm wondering who will be more surprised.....or maybe who will be more excited.  We will do our best to take video of it, as well as many of the other adventures during the trip.  Like last time, I will try to blog about it every day or every other day.  If it is like last time, we should be up pretty early but able to crash somewhat early too.

No comments: