Sunday, July 27, 2008

Another good week!

I was very happy with the way this week went at camp. I think Trevor was happy to know where he was going once we pulled into the parking lot on Monday. I know he didn't have any friends in his class, but he was able to keep busy because they don't spend their whole day indoors, since it is located at an elementary school.

This week was called "Story time fun" and they focused on stories with characters on the TV channel PBS. While Trevor really knows Curious George, Clifford, Super Why, and Dragon Tales the best, he has also seen and knows Arthur and Caillou. But there was one he probably wouldn't know. But I'm sure with his love of stories, he'd do just fine. And he did. And I was pleasantly surprised by the art projects he came home with. The best one was on Thursday when he made his own story. He was really excited to show me and read me the story. And wouldn't you know it was called "Trevor and the Twins Game". He talked about Joe Mauer (and drew a player with what looked very near a number 7 on his shirt). He talked about how the bad team was the "averies". Then he even had two pages where the players were in the field and the score was 0-1, then the second page was 0-2, and then the final page was the score 0-3. Twins win of course. I guess I shouldn't be surprised given how creative at playing he is, but I love that he put it into a book and wanted me to read it back to him once he had read it to me.

Unfortunately, both Trevor and Gwen got colds on Wednesday. Trevor just had a bad night on Tuesday night and sounded sinus-y but didn't get that bad. Gwen did get the worse end of the stick, but being 9 months old, I guess that's what happens. I'm hoping she is over the worst of it, but she is definitely having trouble sleeping at night and for naps during the day. So I've been giving her tylenol and motrin to make sure she doesn't feel that bad. It's now turned into a cough and a yucky nose, but isn't bad when she is awake, just when she is laying down.

And I think both Russ and I have the colds. Like Trevor, it isn't that bad, but just exhausting and yucky feeling. So lots of sleep and plenty of fluids is what the doctor ordered for this weekend.

Next week is "Down and Dirty Dudes". Trevor is very confused by the title as he doesn't know what the "dudes" part of it means. But again, it is at the same place as last week so I know when he goes through the day he'll love it.

No comments: