Thursday, July 24, 2008

I don't know how they do it

I was expecting another bad night, or at least that Gwen would wake up screaming this morning like she did yesterday. But neither happened. I know Trevor came into our room last night, talking. I had to put him back to bed, but no real harm done. He wasn't screaming like he was the previous night, and it was only once, not multiple times.

Now if you didn't know, the reason I expected a bad night was because they both have bad colds. At least with Trevor, he can get Sudafed before he goes to bed. But poor Gwen, just gets a dose of tylenol before bedtime and that's all I can do with her. And I have to abandon my nap sleep training for the time being. She actually fell asleep in the car before her portrait session yesterday. She gave us some great pictures again, which is nice. Both of them took early afternoon naps, and when she slept for over a half hour, I just brought her back downstairs to sleep on my shoulder. So overall, she took a 3 hour nap. I can't help but think that when she is sick, that is more important than trying to learn to sleep in her crib for naps. It also helps me think that it will help prevent her from getting another ear infection. Add to it that she is working on her second bottom tooth, and I have a feeling she might have a few teeth coming in at once which will not make a very happy camper.

So that's the story of this week. I can't tell yet how bad the cold is. I think Trevor needs at least another day before I can tell how bad it is for him. Right now he's still sneezing a lot, but not a big runny nose yet. If it hits him hard, it will hit Gwen even harder and a much worse chance that Gwen will get an ear infection. So we are just on a wait and see time!

No comments: