Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Week number three - Gymnastics

It wasn't a very event-filled week last week. It was a long camp...ran from 9:30 to 12:30 every day. I did get to see the set-up every morning when I dropped him off. The teacher looked really skilled at teaching young kids the basics in gymnastics. She would put out hand prints and butterflies for where your hands and feet were supposed to go when doing things like cartwheels, hand stands, somersaults, etc. And I did see how she would put more mats for the kids to try to leap over with their feet to get them stronger at pushing themselves in a cartwheel-like motion.

At the end of the week, I got a hand out for her actual gymnastics classes. I noticed they were only a half hour, twice a week. It was pretty cool that she was doing this class and I also heard that they didn't actually spend all the class inside. Every day for the second half, they got to go outside and play on the playground. And on Friday, Trevor said they got to watch a program that someone else was doing based on Disney movies.

This week, we are off of our camps because of the holiday. But I'm happy that I signed up for more of these camps through the school. It looks like they are really knowledgeable about kids and what they can tolerate.

No comments: