Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our first swimming pool

Actually, it was our first trip to play at a swimming pool. I brought Trevor and Gwen to one of Trevor's friend's houses for a little swimming time after Gwen's nap yesterday. THANK YOU TAMI for having us over! It's hard to get over there unless Gwen is well rested and I figured it had been long enough since we had been over there.

Trevor of course thought that he'd have no problem swimming so he went from the shallow end to treading water in the deep end, trying to figure out how to get over to the side and getting nowhere. After I explained that he needed to stay on the shallow side of the pool so he could touch, he started experimenting with wanting to jump off the side of the pool. They had some noodles in the pool which Trevor is familiar with how to use them to stay afloat.

So then he started jumping off the "platform" and swimming underwater, holding his breath and all was good. Trevor's friend Mason is a very good swimmer, so it was good for Trevor to see someone his age swimming as well as Mason does.

Gwen of course wanted in on the action. She went in a boat and an infant floaty that had her feet in the water. Then she got comfortable enough to want to be away from me, of course not understanding that she couldn't float on her own. I guess next time I'm going to have to get her her life jacket. She really wanted to go up and down the kiddie slide that they had going into the shallow end. But I couldn't help her up and down it so she had to wait for me.

Then it started to downpour and we had to get out of the pool. I'm sure we could have stayed an extra long time, but it was a good time to get back home. The water was a great temperature and we all had a great time.

No comments: