Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What a mess

I know it's a wonderful phase. But it's not one I'm caring much for. Gwen has been finding the toys that we keep in boxes and "reorganizing". ALL of Trevor's cars have ended up either behind Trevor's computer or between the bookcase and TV stand. We have two baskets full of cars....the ones from the movie Cars and the random cars from everything else. I guess I should be proud of the determination because there are SO many cars. But not happy when both of the baskets are empty.

We also have a basket full of pretend food and pots/pans/cups etc to eat or cook said food. She has decided to toss all of that down through the banister to the basement. I'm not sure what the attraction is to make all these toys disappear, but it seems to be a phase. Or that's what I'm telling myself.

This seems to be swapped for reading books. I cannot get her to sit down with me and read books anymore. I guess she just wants to make things go. She has enjoyed being with her babies and walking outside.

And it's not to say she doesn't help if I ask her to clean up. But she will get distracted into doing what she was doing to start the mess. And of course it isn't nearly as fast to clean up as it was to make the mess. Guess I'll just have to live through it for a while.

No comments: