Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A few noteable things

From the past week, there have been a few things going on. Some will remain unmentioned, but you know what you are. Trevor finished his week of Sports Camp and without even asking, he told me he had "so much fun" during that week. He played soccer, t-ball, "team ball" (taking a volleyball, throwing it to a teammate where that person could only take 3 steps before throwing it to another teammate, and trying to shoot a goal), street hockey, and parents vs. kids kickball. It was the hottest week and Trevor was sweating every day after class. We left on Friday after class to head to the lake for the weekend.

Gwen was much more ready to head into the water this time and of course didn't want to get out, even if she was exhausted and hungry. Although usually, once she understood that everyone else was getting out, she partially complied.

The weekend flew by, and the kids are now trying to play catch-up with their sleep.

I am now registered for 2 accounting classes on my way to getting an accounting degree through an online university. My academic advisor tried to tell me that registering for two accounting classes isn't something that he recommends because it is a lot of accounting to dive into, and unless you really like accounting, you might get sick of it. As kindly as I could, told him that uh DUH....I HEART accounting. If I didn't love it, why would I be majoring in it? It reminds me way back when, when my academic advisor told me that she advised against registering for 4 classes my first term because she wanted me to have a social life. When I came back and was graduating in 3 years, she said she remembered our conversation and was sorry for doubting me.

So my classes start the week of September 14th. I'm very much looking forward to it. Rick Moranis, you are my idol. ;-)

No comments: