Saturday, August 8, 2009

The week of VBS

That was Trevor's activity for the week. This time it was our church and the theme was "Discovery Canyon". Gwen enjoyed the theme song, but was a little confused that it wasn't "Son Rock Kids Camp" anymore. She still remembers that one.

I'm still astounded at Gwen's conversations and I do know that it comes from TV and such. All she wants to watch in the car is Finding Nemo, so that has become her "Toy Story" as that was for Trevor at her age. She is starting to complete the conversations that are in the movie, so if you know any of it, she'll play along with you. But the statement on Thursday that came out of her mouth was, "Germs on your hands, you need to wash your hands." BLAH! My girl is a teenager, I swear.

Trevor is completely into asking everyone any question he can come up with. I went to pick him up from VBS on Wednesday and his teacher was with him because he said he wanted to ask the speaker some questions. The kid's brain does not turn off. Last night, we had some pretty loud storms that made him wake up, and then he couldn't go back to sleep. He kept asking questions and explaining how scared he was, that we would miss the siren to be in a safe place. So he was up a good 3 hours in the middle of the night last night.

So only two weeks of programs left. Then two weeks off before school starts. I think I need to get some new clothes for the kids, but otherwise we are all set. I'm hoping that the hot weather will kick start the summer feeling before fall comes.

No comments: