Monday, August 3, 2009

A unique weekend

This was the first time that someone else had both of the kids overnight. And second since it was for the entire weekend. Russ and I got to play in (separate) women's and men's tournaments that were on Saturday and Sunday. I was glad to have participated in it, although I was more concerned that the kids and my family weren't going crazy having both of the kids.

Turns out, there didn't seem to be anything to worry about. The kids got to go to the county fair, and enjoyed everything there was to see. I did check out the pictures...Thanks Mom! My aunt and cousins were visiting, so Trevor got their attention and seemed to play a lot of his beloved baseball.

Russ and I ate dinner at a nearby restaurant, so we even got a little time together. And it sure was nice to see the kiddos again. Gwen couldn't stop hugging me, although she didn't want my mom to leave either. Trevor couldn't stop talking about all the things he did, which means he really enjoyed doing it. He even asked when the next time was that they could go over and sleep over. And wasn't too thrilled with the idea of it not being until next year.

Gwen of course has learned a lot of new phrases, or at least a lot of things to chat about. She now completely says, "know where nukie is?" Instead of whining about simply "nukie?" And this morning she was singing her lullaby from the nights at my parents house.

So gratefully, the weekend was great. If only Russ and I could have won trophy's like Trevor did. There's always next year ;-)

No comments: