Saturday, December 12, 2009

Another week closer to Christmas

It is amazing how fast that holiday sneaks up on me. I have been accumulating a few gifts for people, but I think tomorrow during Trevor's friend's birthday party I'm going to do most of the rest of the shopping. I'm not a big shopping girl....strange I know. But I guess it is a little better when I'm shopping for other people rather than myself.

We have also adopted a new tradition, thanks to my mom. It is called Elf on a Shelf. An elf came with a book explaining his magic. Your job is to read the book and name him. Every night during the pre-Christmas time, he travels to the North Pole to report to Santa how everyone is behaving. Then every morning when you wake up, he is in a different place. The big things are that you can't touch him or he will lose his magic, and that every Christmas Eve, he disappears until next Holiday season. Trevor has decided to really get into this one after being reassured that it is the real deal. It has helped on occasion with his behavior, although he also seems a little freaked out by having to find him, but yet making sure that he doesn't touch him.

I also think I'm going to do some cookie making today. I know tomorrow it will be impossible, and Trevor has been looking forward to decorating cookies, so I guess it'll be time to try a few cookies out to see what the kids like. We'll see what happens.

On a different note, I think Gwen's 2 year molars are trying to poke through. She has splotchy red cheeks for the past few days. That will be nice to have done sooner rather than later. And I think that I'd rather have her nuks gone before we start traveling.

No comments: