Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Crazy busy

I can never seem to remember how busy this time of year is. Thankfully, I'm reasonably organized, however you throw in a few new events, and I am not perfect at planning as I need to be. This weekend was full to the brim with activities and things that needed to get done. Trevor had a birthday party to attend, two hockey practices, Sunday School, and a Children's Theater show. It was a beautiful weekend to be outside, but I decided to throw together 3 batches of holiday cookies and Russ was gracious enough to take the kids outside to play in the snow. They all had a great time, from what I could tell. I made the house smell all gingery and warm.

On Sunday was when most of the activities took place, and while Trevor was at the birthday party, I ran as fast as I could to 6 stores in an hour, and ended the final hour shopping at Target. I was so lucky to get so much of the Christmas shopping done, so that I don't have to do it another day. I also put together and mailed our Christmas Cards. Unfortunately, we don't have any more stamps, and when I tried to go to the Post Office to get more, the line was crazy and the self-serve kiosk was out of order. So that's still on my to-do list.

I also couldn't do the homework I should have this weekend, so I was a little behind today for the due date of tomorrow. Russ had to work late for work, so I kindly asked my mom to come over to play with the kids while I did homework. After the Tuesday deadline, I have more activities to get done before I can even concentrate on Christmas gifts and such. I really am at "one day at a time". I can't even think that Christmas is 10 days from now. Friday is as far as I'm looking right now.

Believe it or not, I am still enjoying the season as well. The kids love to look at the lights outside, and we try to keep the radio on to listen to the Christmas music whenever we can. Gwen was able to help with both the frosting and cutting of the sugar cookies. I think she could have cut them out for an hour or two. I thought Trevor would be more into it, but I was happy that one of them was.

Such are the holidays. Very busy for us. Even when Trevor is off of school, we have things going on to keep the kids busy. It's going to be 2010 before I know it. Happy Holidays!

No comments: