Friday, December 4, 2009

Back to the weekly grind...

School started again this week for me after a week off. Trevor went back to school for a full week of Kindergarten. Gwen did her weekly activities with me. Gwen has been begging to play Trevor's games that he got for his birthday. She also wanted to use some safety scissors to cut paper. So we've done that at least 3-4 times this week. Oh AND she learned how to do a somersault completely by herself. And she can do it straight too. She's been counting without switching the 4 and 5 a few times by herself. She's getting so big so fast.

Trevor has had a book to read every day, a few times a day, for the whole week this week in addition to writing thank-you cards, and his weekly and monthly homework assignments. It's amazing what adding the book and thank-you cards does to his frustration level until he understands that it will become routine and doesn't fight it anymore.

I brought both of the kids straight from Kindergarten pick-up to the mall to get Santa pictures today. I brought a lunch for the kids to eat in the car. I had no idea how busy it was going to be because all the other times I went, it was during school hours, right when the Santa photo shop opened. There were 4 groups ahead of us, and it went pretty fast. Of course Gwen got freaked out as soon as she saw that I wanted her to sit on Santa's lap. So I got to join in on the chair this year. And right afterwards, she was talking all about how she got to see Santa today. If they could have put a big fake head over this guy's body, she would have enjoyed it more. I think the fact that it is a real person, and a male figure at that does not put her mind at ease at all. Since Disney, she has no fear of characters and wants to give them all hugs. When we were at the Gopher's hockey game, she was SO excited when we found Goldy Gopher walking around so she could give him a high-five and a big hug.

I'm not sure if I can brave the crowds next year with Trevor, but we'll see how it goes. It's nice to be able to do this while they are this young.

No comments: