Friday, January 8, 2010

Back to school

Both for the kids and for me. We had an extended lesson over the holidays and I was surprised at how little time I had for school stuff. Thankfully, I'm all caught up now, and I need to get ahead for next week so I don't have so much to do when we are out in Boston.

Trevor got a really nice welcome back from his teacher. He still talks about it if you ask him. He talks about how his teacher missed all the kids over the break. He has also had a good week so far. Both at home and at school. We even went back to swimming lessons which had him graduate into the school aged program. Now he has to take lessons during the early evening so Gwen has to come along. Trevor is really challenged, and I think he's going to learn a lot in this program. Gwen has been surprisingly easier to deal with than I thought. I think part of it has to do with the girl vs. boy nature. Trevor would never try to hang around me. He'd want to run around and explore everything. Gwen has explained that she wants to go swimming as well, and at some point maybe it will work out, but for now, she is ok watching with me upstairs. And when Trevor is showering, she stays nearby as well.

I've been starting to spend my gift cards on things I actually need. Yesterday I bought myself a stainless steel saucepan to replace a heavily used similar pan. The last one we had was anodizes, I believe. I am by no means a professional chef, nor do I try to be. But I do try to make a good portion of our dinners, so when our saucepan started to stick with all the meat we cooked, I knew it was time to get a new one. I also completed Gwen's fairy collection, and Trevor got a replacement water bottle and the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Everyone has been happy to use their new toys. I don't remember ever cooking on stainless steel before, but oh my goodness. How nice are they?

Trevor also came home yesterday to explain that his tooth got much looser than previously. He has still to loose his second tooth. His other tooth has almost fully grown in, and yet the other one sticks in there.

Ah, the other event that happened was that I got my hair cut. I got a whole 5 inches off and it feels much nicer. So now we just have to get organized for the trip! Yay for a break from this cold weather!

No comments: