Monday, January 18, 2010

Is it summer yet?

Well, we are back from our wonderful trip to Boston, and I will post more on that later. I have a long list of things to-do today, and I do need to get taking care of a few of them first. Namely homework stuff. I was surprisingly able to take care of my homework while the kids were napping, so that was nice.

Before I left, I was hoping to get up to date on what Trevor has been up to in the wide world of sports. I must say that when it comes to swimming, that is the thing he seems to make the biggest strides with. He graduated two weeks ago into the school-aged swimming program. He is in class with 3 other boys, but it is interesting to see where the other 3 kids are at with their swimming in comparison to Trevor. Trevor is great, and loves to swim and float on his back. But if he is trying to swim on his stomach, his feet are directly under his head, and he doesn't go anywhere. Both the swimming instructor and I were really worried when he would just take off swimming and look like at any moment he would go under. But after one week, he was able to tread water for over a minute. He just takes forever to get back to the wall of the pool. They are really working on form, and especially breathing to the side. I was worried after the first week that he was not up to the skill level of the class, but I think it will work out fine.

Hockey is going very well as well, however I think everyone would be happier if it were less time and more games/scrimmages. He has loved scrimmaging the high school team, and hasn't had to be outside for any of his practices yet. I can't believe that it goes from October to March. That is so long for a kid.

Basketball is another sport he is doing, for now. He loves playing with his friend Sam, and he can shoot and make a good percent of his shots. It is nice that they again, have scrimmages every week of the program. So he's getting to understand a little more about the game, and now that he's strong enough, he enjoys being able to make his shots.

We have a ways to go before baseball starts, but I think getting past Christmas and the start of winter just brings questions about when baseball is going to start. Although he doesn't hear about baseball as much anymore, when he does, he practices his baseball on his "rectangle TV" for the rest of the day.

With the turn of the new calendar, gets all the rest of the year in his mind. He's already asking when his 1st grade school starts, and looking at the different months when other things start.

So that's Trevor's update. More on Boston soon!

No comments: