Monday, April 26, 2010

New things!

Looking back, I am amazed at how many of my blog entries could be titled something similar to "new things". I guess that is what happens when you have two different kids, at two different points in their lives, being the oldest siblings in each of our families. Today specifically, is Trevor's first practice of his baseball career. He has been in t-ball 3 years prior, through the YMCA program. This year, he is in coach pitch, although they don't keep score in games. But they do have 7 teams in the league, so they play the teams a few times. He is playing on a team with one of his best friends, so we will have plenty of opportunity to see them as well this summer. Also, Trevor is set for a graduation ceremony of Kindergarten in about 6 weeks or so. Although recently, his behavior has been a bit discouraging, I think he is really looking forward to being at school the whole day next year. And although he won't be switching schools like he did this year, it will be the first time he will be at school from 9 to 3:30. That is a very new thing for everyone.

With Gwen, we received the news that her gym store is closing their doors the end of this month. There are other options, but I would like to continue it into the summer since her school ends in May. I think she is also going through a big emotional growth spurt because she is very "disorganized" in her doing things. Sleeping is all out of whack, her attitude is very whiny and loud, and although she isn't like Trevor was at her age, I do think that she needs more exercise than staying in the house all day. I can tell that potty training will be soon, but I don't want to push it before she is going on trips to the cabin or even at school because I don't know that she is that ready. I'd rather it be on a warm weekend when we aren't planning on going anywhere.

And with me, if you haven't heard, our family is going to be the proud first-time aunt/uncle/cousin to a baby due in October! How cool is it that they also have a blog about it! It is going to be a fun summer getting ready, having showers and such. So many new things!

No comments: