Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Re-Energized

I seriously cannot believe what 2 hours of adult time can do to my well-being. Or really, maybe it was because it had been missing for so long. Completely my fault, no one to blame but myself. Today, one of my mom-friends suggested we meet for lunch at Chuck E. Cheese. It worked out great because Gwen's Tumble's class is right near there, and it got done at 10:30. I was a little concerned about how busy it would be, due to spring break, but I also knew that not all districts had this week as their spring break.

Anyway, when we got there, we had a good chunk of time where the place was not busy at all. It gradually got more busy, and I guess the kids got more antsy, but for the most part, we got to chat and chat and chat. Because the have such a focus of making sure the kids can't escape, plus the fact that the things to play on are very kid-friendly, and the fact that Gwen was totally interested in putting the money in the kid games - not the rides - that we were pretty much uninterrupted for a good portion of the time.

I have always known that it does my mental mind good to take a break to talk with my friends. And perhaps it was also because I have been able to take a few more breaks recently. But this really, really, really, REALLY made me feel so much better. I know the kids had a great time too. The weather is turning around, golf season is kicking off next week for me, and Trevor only has two days left of spring break. Hopefully I can keep this going in the right direction until and through the summer break.

Backing up.... Easter was very nice. We had great food and great company throughout the entire day. Unfortunately, all 3 fish that we have tried to keep alive in the house have since died. As I was thinking about this, it is probably for the best. We got 3 very small fish that ate usually twice a day. I don't know what we would have done if we had to go away even for a weekend. That's almost worse than having a dog. Having to have someone come over twice a day to take care of fish? We'll try it again at some other point. Maybe we'll get bigger fish that don't have to eat as much next time too.

Monday afternoon until Tuesday, I brought the kids over to my parents for a sleepover. I went too. Right now is the age that Trevor would really enjoy a big yard. Plus they have a nice two wheeling practice driveway that we don't have as well. But I know he can practice on the sidewalk here and he does. He is getting much closer, and knows it. So his confidence is growing.

I will be happy to have him start up all the things he is looking forward to soon. Almost time!

No comments: