Monday, April 19, 2010

What a great week

I had an exceptionally amazing week that really left me feeling so complete and connected, hopefully I can carry that feeling on for a long time. Tuesday night was my lady's golf league opening dinner. No golf, but still able to see all my friends from golf. We start golfing tomorrow! And going to have wonderful weather as well! Wednesday evening, my group of mom friends decided to start trying to get together once a month just to sit and chat...without kids. We were never interrupted because of crying or fighting. It was so nice! Friday night, Trevor was at a sleepover, so Russ and I got to spend some quality time with just Gwen. I've been trying to give her a little bit extra attention lately because she seems like she is going through something. Maybe teething, maybe development, but whatever it is, I know I need to soak it up while I can. Saturday evening, Russ and I got to go out for a date night. We ate dinner, on a short wait at Olive Garden. I really like their food, and although it can get a little pricey with 4 people, I actually was hoping their wait time was longer because I didn't have kids! After dinner, we went to the nearby bowling alley, but when they were on a wait, I decided to do the billiards table. I still stink at billiards, but it was a lot of fun. The on Sunday, I took part in a little family golf at the golf course I grew up with. My golf game was ON...for some reason, and I shot my best round ever. Since it took place after April 15th, we were required to post it. There goes my handicap. Which I'm really happy about actually. A lot of people want to keep their handicap up so they can play really well in a tournament and do well. I want to be able to say that I'm dropping my handicap because I'm playing better than I have before.

So bring on this week! Bring on SUMMER darn it all! It has just got to be warmer than last year. Lots of fun is going to be had!

(And for the record, my new best is a 93. I had gotten under 100 prior, but not this far under.)

No comments: