Thursday, April 29, 2010

You must REALLY love me, mommy

Short little story for you, but first some background. Trevor loves to find out what people's favorite color, favorite food, favorite vacation place, favorite sports team, etc. It is always a topic of conversation. Sometimes, based on your answer, he will try to convince you, you will like something else. For example, my favorite color is green. He has determined that my favorite Nascar driver is Dale Earnhart Junior, who happens to be a driver with the number 88 on the car. Sometimes this car has green as the main color. If Trevor ever recreates a Nascar race with his car, and does not put the green number 88 in the race, he asks me which car I like best. If I don't give him the right answer, he convinces me that I like a different car because it has green on it. Whenever we are doing homework and he has to do some coloring, he always asks me which color I am hoping for. If it isn't green, I am to say, "Awwww." If it is green, I am to say, "Yay!"

Trevor got his baseball roster on Sunday, and although Russ thought they would give him a team name, as opposed to the team picking out the name, he was assured he would not get the name Twins or Gophers, as he would hope. I saw that their team name was the West Bears. West because of where they live in the area. It is interesting because I root for the Chicago Bears football team. They had a few other football names, rather than baseball team names, but Trevor wasn't very happy (at least I don't think) that it wasn't a favorite team of his. The first practice on Monday wasn't a very nice day, so Gwen stayed home. The team got their team shirts and each of the kids had a number on the back of them. They also got a baseball hat. So when he came home from practice, he had to tell me about it. He ran in to show me, his team was green, he was almost Dale Earnhart Jr.'s race car number, AND his team name was the Bears. "Mom, don't you love me SO much more than before I was playing baseball?" Oh Trevor, you crack me up. If he couldn't be his own favorite team name, favorite color, or number, at least it was one of the family's.

No comments: