Thursday, November 11, 2010

Do you remember what you were doing?

15 years ago? I do. I just happened to be meeting my future husband and wonderful father to my two beautiful children. While we don't ever plan anything for our pseudo-anniversary, I do think it is always nice to remember the date and always laugh about the circumstances that we were brought together.

And also, because it seems to be a wonderful way to recognize and give thanks for all relationships, I give you:

The 11 reasons why I'm thankful to have such a wonderful husband that I do:
1. That you are able to provide for our family to the extent that I have the opportunity to stay and home and raise the children. It has been such an invaluable experience and while there were plenty of times that I was driven crazy through not enough adult-time, I wouldn't give it back for anything.
2. For your stubbornness. While disagreements can be tough on both sides, I do think that it has taught me to become more flexible and listening to another side of the story.
3. For your movie quoting ability. Something both kids have inherited which makes me giggle, although Gwen has also taken it to a different place in that she loves to memorize song lyrics.
4. For your sense of humor. My family knows you are good for your quick comebacks and memorable thoughts in a situation: Kettle, black and Remember baby Jesus to name a few.
5. For your intelligence. You are always going to be the parent to go to when the kids are in high school and have questions in history, english, social studies, science, and probably math. Although I'd like to try the math part since I did enjoy it. I'll take the music side of things when we get the kids in music lessons.
6. For your way with children. Both as a coach and as a parent, kids love to play with you. Must be that inner child or something.
7. For being a techie. I'm pretty sure the amount of money you have saved us by being able to fix things is at least a year's salary by now.
8. For loving nintendo like I do. While we may not agree on all the same games, at least I can try to kick your butt in Mario Kart or Super Mario Brothers once in a while. Not to say I win all that often, but I still like to try.
9. For being my partner if I am too sick or need to get something else done by taking the kids.
10. For being my golf partner. It is so much fun to share that time with you as I enjoy it - assuming we are in Hawaii, or a warm stretch in Florida or Minnesota.
11. For letting me be who I am - a disney nut job, accounting-loving, cheapskate mother of two. To steal a movie line, "you complete me" yet know not to change me and love me regardless. Only two more years and I will have known you for more than half my life (only one for you, you youngun :-)

Of course I could continue to go on and on with this list, but 11 being the lucky number here I will stop. I love you Russ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"and always laugh about the circumstances that we were brought together" Is there a funny story about how you guys met?