Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's another new year

Another new year in the life of Trevor. Dearest Trevor, how you have changed the lives of so many people just by being you. While it hasn't always been simple, and it has often been something I, as a parent, have to sort my way through because it is a whole new experience for me; I have loved watching you grow to become the little man you are quickly becoming. It is one of my favorite events to watch you have a huge glow of excitement coupled with quick jumping and wrist flapping at the things that make you happy. One of your most favorite activities is anything social. You love baseball, playing with your best friend, or having people over for one of your events.

I love that you are inherently helpful and I will continue to use that to my advantage. I know it makes both our hearts sing when you can do something for someone else and gain the pride from doing it. I love that you love to read and have finally found a series of books to read. I love that your school has programs that fit your learning style and your teacher has helped tremendously in working to make your experience the best possible. I love that you are always noted as a kind and caring person to other classmates.

Although some may think it is strange, I also love that I know you well enough to know what you are thinking most of the time. This is the first school year that you are gone all day, and I have been a little sad by that, but like I mentioned, it is wonderful so see and hear about all the things you are learning and enjoy doing. Maybe genetics has a lot to do with temperment and spending so much time together in the early years is working in our favor.

I love your love of video games and games in general. Your love of baseball is very apparent even at this age, and I know it is going to be something you will be thinking about or doing for a long time. As soon as it was done in October, you were asking when spring training started and when opening day is. You love to make baseball lineups, not with family but various celebrity (by your standards). Yes, most of the people are Twins players, but then you'll throw in Obama and Tiger Woods into the mix as well.

You memory is fantastic, and I suppose it can be detrimental on some occasions, it is another way you can get excited. You ask questions on more than one occasion about what I like, not because you don't remember but you want to find some way to make it happen so I will be happy. You know that I hate the cold and snow, but want to remind me that my birthday and Christmas are in the winter so that has to be good for something.

And it is with that that I shall say, Happy 7th Birthday Trevor! I can't wait to experience all your jumping wrist flapping that you have planned for today. It is your special day.

No comments: