Thursday, November 11, 2010

Is it a funny story? To me anyway...

Seeing as this blog is meant to be a reference for the kids someday, I suppose they deserve to hear the story of how Russ and I met. I am taking a slight risk since there are other people involved that I am currently friends with on facebook and this does get published on facebook, so hopefully I don't step on anyone's toes.

Russ and I have talked about this enough to know each other's viewpoints on the situation which is why to us it is slightly funny. He was a junior in high school, I was a senior. Neither one of us were looking for a relationship, let alone trying out for husband/wife material. Russ's best friend and my good friend were currently dating, and both friends asked us to come along on a sort-of meeting, date, whatever you want to call it. I just thought I was coming to go to watch a cross country meet. I also wasn't sure what my "role" was because I got the impression that it wasn't really a set-up situation, more just a bunch of people getting together.

By the end of the night, I was practically begging my friend to go back so we could hang out again. We ended up circling the parking lot trying to figure out which apartment complex they were in because we weren't exactly sure. Remember, this was way before the time kids had cell phones.

I guess what really strikes me is how un-set-up the set-up was, and how neither of us was really going into the evening expecting to come out of it with a serious relationship, let alone find our life partners. It just goes to show, finding things comes when you least expect it.

No comments: