Thursday, March 6, 2008

Going back to school

So this Monday, I started a "Parenting your infant with Older Children" ECFE class. I have taken all the infant classes and toddler/separation classes with Trevor and had expected that this infant class would be with a "teacher" I had had before.

I received a call a few weeks back saying that this class moved from one site to another so I did knew that it wouldn't be the teacher I had known. I also tried to schedule the class with "Julie's mom" who just had a baby a few months ago. Unfortunately, it is during a time where Julie has preschool and it didn't work. So I was by myself in that I didn't know or had met any of the other parents before. But it was nice because none of them were first time moms.

Trevor is in another room during this time and almost everyone in the class brought their "older sibling". Turns out, Trevor is the oldest, and Gwen is the second youngest. A mom brought her two WEEK old baby to class. YIKES. Kudos to her. But I guess, some people want to get out of the house.

I, of course, fell into the introverted wallflower person. I answered questions simply and for the most part listened to everything. I'm guessing it will be next school session before I'm comfortable enough to get to know some of the moms better. I'll be doing plenty with my "old" mom's group this summer to keep me happy.

Gwen had a great time. She loves looking at faces and it was cute to see her watching other kids her age. Of course I also have to compare her and her strengths. There was a 9 month old, a 7 month old, and a 6 month old. None were crawling or sitting upright. I was telling Russ, I think she is about 2 weeks away from sitting by herself. She is a lot stronger than I remember Trevor being.

Hopefully Trevor will enjoy his time to play while we are in class. It's only a 12 week program, and then it will be SUMMER BREAK!!! Can't wait for this darn snow to melt!

No comments: