Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Just when you think you day is going to turn out horrible

It doesn't. Last night was DREADFUL. Probably the worst since Gwen was born simply because it kind of came out of nowhere. Neither child is sick anymore, but Trevor was up after Gwen was up at midnight, so after Trevor was settled down, Gwen was up from 1-4 and although she drifted off to sleep, she couldn't stay asleep long enough to even be put down.

I'm guessing part of her deal was teething, or maybe just resetting her sleep schedule, but OUCH...when she was up for the morning at 7am, I thought I was doomed today. Trevor was barely up before 8am, so we had to get moving to get him to school by 9. I came back home where Gwen was waiting for me to put her down for her nap. She had her bottle and went down by 9:30. I went back to bed just hoping to catch an hour of sleep. She didn't get up until after 11! YIPPEE!!! So I got a few winks.

Then, today was just a wonderful spring day. I couldn't help but let Trevor take his trike up to the church parking lot and ride it around. Gwen was in the stroller. She lasted about 15 minutes and Trevor was happy just to get out of the house. So we came back home, had lunch and now Gwen is napping again.

SPRING IS COMING I'm telling you! And we all are looking forward to it here in our house! I'm sure last night was the worst of it...KNOCK ON EVERYTHING! I'm not expecting it to be perfect tonight, just hoping for a little improvement.

No comments: