Friday, March 28, 2008

Backwards days

You know...yesterday, I was up for the day at 5:30 (not by choice), but got a TON done...laundry, vacuuming, a little exercising, organization and the such, and really didn't feel tired until the usual 8:00 or so. This morning, I was up for the day at 7:00 and haven't been able to get anything done and feel so yucky. And not sick yucky. And not really tired either. I wonder what it is.

Yesterday, because Trevor is off of school for the next two weeks, I was able to play Cars with him and the help of Gwen. For some reason Trevor was ok with it. Maybe because I don't get a lot of chance to play with him, so he is happy to get any time.

***Cut to the next day. I didn't get a chance to post this when I wrote it on Friday, so I'm continuing my thoughts today. So here goes attempt #2.

I'm trying more and more to try to get Trevor to get used to Gwen playing with us as well. Maybe (I'm thinking a year or maybe more from now) they will be able to play a few things together and Trevor will realize he can play with someone that has more time to play with him and absolutely ADORES him. Already, I can see it. And of course all of Trevor's toys are new to Gwen so she loves them.

But anyway, then I was trying to say that on Thursday, although I did not get enough sleep and was up early for the day, I did pretty well. But Friday, when I was up an hour and a half later, maybe I was just in a worse mood for some reason but the day just did not go well. Maybe it is a blessing that it happens that way because I'm more likely to be able to deal with the rough days with more sleep than on days I don't have a lot of sleep.

Anyway....on another note, I figure I'd also add a few updates to Gwen not involving her sickness. She can sit unassisted for a decent amount of time. I think she is also learning how to scoot with her legs. She knows how to scoot across the floor on her back by pushing her legs, but she really does this unintentionally. When she is on her stomach, I can help her along a little bit, and she seems to know that she can do it to move to a toy that might be out of reach. So while she isn't walking holding onto fingers or hands, she does like to observe from a standing position. And if I put her exersaucer a few inches out of reach, I feel like I can see the wheels in her head moving...trying to figure out how to get herself just a few inches forward.

For the record, Trevor was crawling at 7 1/2 months. I'm not sure how far off Gwen is, but I'm pretty sure it won't be much later than Trevor given what she can already do. I suppose I should start figuring out childproofing stuff soon. I know our furniture was dramatically different when Trevor was crawling around.

No comments: