Monday, March 3, 2008

Welcome back to the land of the living

Well, this weekend was a blur. A wonderfully fun time, with some bumps in the road, and I'll have to split this into a few posts. Trainride, Waterpark, hotel and eating...as I see it now.

Today is my thank you post. Oh my goodness....I'm sure I could have done it without help, but WHO THE HECK WOULD WANT TO? At the cost of my own sanity, that's for sure.

Thank you to my dad for coming out and joining us, and bringing all the extra stuff that wouldn't fit on the train. And then for driving back the other stuff that we wouldn't have wanted to take back on the train.

Thank you to Kevin and Kelsey for making the train trip and the vacation with us. Trevor loves to play with you both, and you helped distract and keep him entertained when I was trying to get Gwen to sleep or just in general whatever.

Thank you to my mom for getting excited and going along with the vacation. It amazes me the things you remember to think about like packing a TON of yummy chocolate chip cookies for the train ride and having dad bring extra "rations" for the hotel. Thank you also for taking the kids home with me on the train and entertaining Trevor and Gwen so I could have a little fun of my own.

And finally....thank you to "the dad" for going along with this whole thing. I hope you were able to have a little fun. Trevor keeps saying he wants to go back and stay for 41 days this time (where 41 came from, I have no idea). It was great to be able to share some good family time outside of our usual Bloomington stomping grounds. And while we aren't going anywhere warm this winter, thank you for helping with everything on the vacation.

I suppose I should also say a little thank you for the kids too. Trevor did pretty well..he finally got over his little fear of people dressed in a full costume. The hotel had an elephant which he started out scared of, but by the end of the trip he gave him a high-five.

Poor Gwen got a cold right before we left, so unfortunately, she did not sleep well. But she still had a pretty good experience...I think. Too bad there is no chance she'll remember it.

Ok...be back soon with more. One more time to the above listed: THANK YOU!

No comments: