Thursday, March 20, 2008

Just for fun

There are a few ways I could go with this post, but I figure I'll catch up later. (We'll see if I actually do) I wanted to post about what I think Gwen is thinking at this time, since it has been back when I was pregnant that I did it last.

I am already noticing her difference in temperament compared to Trevor. I thought it was going to be a lot more demanding than it has been so far because of her temperament, but maybe it is just because she is going through a good patch. I'm guessing the terrible twos and more horrible threes are what's really going to be testing for us.

So the set-up is as follows: We can either be in unfamiliar (to her) territory, or at our house. If someone is holding her that she is comfortable with, she loves to look around, smile and play games with anyone that will smile back at her. As in: "I'm good with this. I wanna have some fun. Let's see who I can get to tell me I'm 'So cute'."

There are a few exceptions to this scenario....if she is tired or hungry, and she is being held, but someone she isn't immediately familiar with enters the room, she can start to cry out. As if to say: "Go away. I'm tired. I just want mom. Not in the mood."

Sort of similar.... if she is in her carseat, being brought somewhere, it is pretty hard for her to distinguish a familiar place. So if someone peers in at her, she usually cries out. "I don't know you. I don't know where I am. I don't want you to look at me." Not unlike her brother's daily complaint of "Don't look at me Gwen." -Insert eye rolling icon here-

Traveling with her has finally become doable. At least for the distances I need to travel. It can only get hairy if she is over tired or hungry and it isn't the first car ride of the day. If it gets to be upwards of 20 minutes in the car and no face to look at, she starts her: "Where are you?" cries. To which we have found a solution to. Her favorite song is "Wheels on the Bus". Trevor has even been singing it at preschool and knows some good verses. He will even chime in. So as long as she isn't over tired or hungry, and we keep singing verses of Wheels on the Bus, she then knows. "Oh....ok. They haven't left me. I can't see them, but they must be here somewhere. Could you please get me something else to play with? I'm bored."

Gosh, in two weeks she is going to be 6 months old. And I'm pretty sure the real fun is going to begin. Stroller rides, crawling, more teething (blech).... she is getting to be a cute little girl!

No comments: