Sunday, June 7, 2009

Maybe we'll have a very polite kid....

As Trevor is getting older, we are trying to instill simple manners in him. He knows them, but needs reminders every so often. So with it, Gwen is also learning her manners as well. She has been saying "Welcome mama" if she gets something from me, and occasionally if she gives something to me. So then I have to have her try to say "Thank you" instead. I've heard her do it to Trevor, but for some reason, she doesn't want to say it to me. Hmmm..... We are also working on "please", and again she knows how to use it, but when I ask her to say it before I give her something, more often than not, she says, "No way, mama."

She loves to dance and turn around, but I know would love to know how to jump and get some air. She's been trying it for a while, but just can't quite lift her feet off the ground.

Trevor's big news of the week was that he "graduated" from his swimming class this last session. He's been in the class for at least a year, but he really has learned how to swim. He can tread water for quite a while, and he's learning good form on the different swimming strokes. It's pretty cool to see him swim...granted at this point it is a lot of flopping around, but he's got goggles on, and knows how to move his arms and legs if you ask him one of the strokes. I think we are going to take the summer off from lessons, unless we do one at the end of the summer for a week.

So one last week of no camps until the summer begins! Golf lessons for Trevor starts on Friday, and we have a few events to take care of this week, so I'm really looking forward to this week. I just hope it warms up!

No comments: